Our clients have peace of mind knowing that their divorce is dealt with by a specialist divorce lawyer.
Quick and competent divorce lawyers with a transparent fee structure.
Our divorce attorneys have streamlined processes to eliminate those issues which cause delay, frustration and unnecessary costs in divorce, thereby ensuring that our clients achieve a quick and cost-effective resolution to their divorce.
We assist our clients with all aspects of their divorce and keep them well informed every step of the way.
The key to a speedy and cost-effective divorce is understanding the process. Many people end up spending more time and money than they need to because they received bad advice.
There are two ways to proceed with a divorce, namely:
- Uncontested Divorce is a divorce where the parties have agreed on all relevant terms of the divorce.
- Contested Divorce is a divorce where the parties are unable to agree on the terms of the divorce. The Court is then asked to make a decision.
An uncontested divorce is much cheaper and quicker than a contested divorce.
The issues generally involved in divorce proceedings are:
- Division of Assets and Liabilities
- Maintenance for the Parties
- Parental Rights and Responsibilities, such as: Contact; Primary Place of Residence of the Minor Children; Maintenance for the Minor Children; Guardianship and
The Services Offered by Vermeulen Attorneys
Our divorce lawyers are able to assist clients with all aspects involved in the divorce process, including:
- Assessment of their situation and advising them with respect to the way forward
- Drafting a Settlement Agreement for signature by the parties
- Liaising with their spouse and negotiating the terms of the divorce
- Drafting of Divorce Summons
- Approaching Courts related to the divorce, such as the Maintenance Court and the Children’s Court
- Applying for and obtaining a Rule 43 or Rule 58 Interim Order
- Referring a Settlement Agreement to the office of the Family Advocate for endorsement
- Applying for and obtaining a Protection Order
- Assisting the parties to engage and appoint a mediator
- Appearance at Court for the Divorce Hearing
- Division of Pension Benefits
- Variation of Divorce Orders
Get in touch with a divorce lawyer from one of our teams.