Our dedicated team of uncontested divorce lawyers have developed highly specialised and streamlined processes to ensure that uncontested divorces are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
We provide transparent all-inclusive fee agreements and guarantee our clients that their Divorce Settlement Agreement, in draft format, will be provided to them within two business-days of their first consult with our offices.
Uncontested Divorce Services
We have tailored various uncontested divorce packages to cater to the needs and budgets of a wide variety of people. Whilst the scope and mandate of our engagement differs from package to package, we provide specialized, high-quality legal services to all our clients with all our packages.
In all of our packages we give our clients access to our wide range of information material which will assist them to better understand the process and legal issues involved.
What is an Uncontested Divorce?
An uncontested divorce is a divorce where the parties are capable of discussing their differences before-hand and coming to mutually acceptable agreements in respect of all issues between them. Once this type of consensus is reached, the parties no longer have any issues which need to be fought about in Court. These types of divorces are known as uncontested divorces because it is unnecessary for the party being sued for divorce (defendant) to defend the action because the outcome desired by the party suing for divorce (plaintiff) is the same as the party being sued.
What issues are agreed upon in an uncontested divorce?
There are many things for the parties to discuss and try to deal with in an uncontested divorce. We will assist you to identify all the relevant issues which may be involved in the divorce.
These may include the following:
- Division of moveable assets (cars, household contents etc.);
- Division of immovable property (houses, stands, farms etc.);
- Custody and parental rights and responsibilities pertaining to the minor children;
- Maintenance for the minor children;
- Maintenance for either spouse;
- Division of investments, shares, and pension funds
Steps Involved in Uncontested Divorce
Uncontested Divorce Frequently Asked Questions
Can one firm represent me and my spouse?
How long does an uncontested divorce take?
What issues will be dealt with in the divorce?
Can I make a payment arrangement?
Though our payment terms entail that payment is due upon presentation of an invoice, we realize that legal costs are often an expense not budgeted for. For this reason, we accommodate clients as follows:
- We accept credit card payments at our offices, and online via Payfast.co.za;
- In some instances, payment arrangements may be negotiated, subject to credit checks being done, and monthly payments being made by direct debit order. Divorce matters are finalized at Court as soon as final payment has been received.