What is an uncontested divorce?
An uncontested divorce is a divorce where the parties are capable of discussing their differences before-hand and coming to mutually acceptable agreements in respect of all issues between them. Once this type of consensus is reached, the parties no longer have any issues which need to be fought about in Court. These types of divorces are known as uncontested divorces because it is unnecessary for the party being sued for divorce (defendant) to defend the action because the outcome desired by the party suing for divorce (plaintiff) is the same as the party being sued.
What issues are agreed upon in an uncontested divorce?
There are many things for the parties to discuss and try to deal with in an uncontested divorce. We will assist you to identify all the relevant issues which may be involved in the divorce.
These may include the following:
- Division of moveable assets (cars, household contents etc.);
- Division of immovable property (houses, stands, farms etc.);
- Division of investments, shares, and pension funds;
- Custody and parental rights and responsibilities pertaining to the minor children;
- Maintenance for the minor children;
- Maintenance for either spouse;
- What is the process involved in an uncontested divorce?
Steps Involved in Uncontested Divorce